Saturday, December 29, 2012

And then there was THREE!


 
Two was a banner year, my girl.
We said goodbye to diapers, and hello to “big girl” life.
And despite the fact that I thought you wouldn’t be a girly-girl,
we found ourselves surrounded by all things PINK and PRINCESS-Y
(shows how much I know).
Me: “What do you want to be when you get big?”
You: “Ummm...a PINK princess in a big PINK dress with PINK shoes and a PINK wand!!”
Who is this girl? I’m thinking.
But I love this girl so much.
I love that you are willful and headstrong,
clear on what you want
nurturing to your dolls
and super goofy to boot.
You are wiry and strong
And the wheels of your mind never stop turning.
Here’s to another year
of cutting your cheddar cheese into little cubes
chasing you around with vitamins and a toothbrush
sweeping your hair into twirly pigtails
hearing you belt out showtunes
and watching you draw exuberant little stick people
in every color of the rainbow.
Thankful doesn’t begin to describe how I feel about watching you grow.
And I can’t wait to see what three will bring.




No comments:

Post a Comment